12 July 2017

RAW Orange + Chia Slice with Rose Infused Cashew Cream

Guys! I am totally obsessed with cooking and baking, and creating new amazing recipes.

Recently, my Mum arrived home with a lovely, big box of local oranges, and I was instantly inspired to create a delicious, healthy treat that my whole family could enjoy. My family aren't used to certain new health foods and ingredients, my Mum in particularly not being very much of a fan of coconut, so whilst many might avoid these foods to cook with, I however, take that as a CHALLENGE!


I was determined to create a dessert that my whole family would love, that was delicious but without any of the guilt, and that would incorporate a lot of these oranges so nothing would go to waste. Even my 91 year old Nonna loved it!


What makes it even better is that it's also GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE & VEGAN!

So let's get straight to it! I hope you have fun making this and enjoy it as much as my family and I did!



BASE:
  • 2 cups of choice of nuts (I used a mix of nuts, but any are fine)
  • 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
  • 2 medjool dates (soak in water to ensure easy processing)
  • 2 tbsp orange zest
  • 4 tbsp rice malt syrup
  • Pinch of Himalayan salt
Method:
Blend all ingredients in a food processor and press down in a pan (any medium to large size will do), and place in freezer.

FILLING:
  • 1 1/2 cups cashews (soaked 6+ hours)
  • 6 medjool dates (soak in water to ensure easy processing)
  • 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
  • 1/2 cup coconut cream
  • zest of 1 orange
  • 1 tbsp lacuma powder
  • 2 tbsp chia seeds
Method:
Blend cashews and dates in a food processor until smooth. Add in remaining ingredients and blend together until smooth. Pour on top of base and place back into the freezer. 

CASHEW CREAM:
  • 1 cup cashews (soaked 6+ hours)
  • 3/4 cup coconut cream
  • 1 tbsp rice malt syrup
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste or powder
  • 1 tsp rose water
Method:
Blend all ingredients in food processor and evenly spread on top of filling layer and place back in freezer. 

To decorate, add some shredded coconut or coconut flakes and orange zest. You can also dehydrate slices of oranges using an oven, on approx. 80 degrees celsius until satisfied. (Mine took about 6 hours in the oven, turning them half way). 

Store in the freezer. 




Post a Comment

© Tash Markham. Design by FCD.