29 June 2017

RAW Cacao + Chia Protein Balls

Anyone who knows me, knows I LOVE my healthy treats.

I'm obsessed with cooking and creating new recipes and foods, and lots of people always ask me for my protein ball recipes, in particular.

Protein balls are super healthy and great for small snacks on-the-go, or for people like me who can't stop snacking!

Let's get straight into it! Below is my recipe for my favourite cacao and chia protein balls.

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup of medjool dates (soak in water for 3+ hours for easier processing)
  • 1/2 cup of walnuts
  • 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
  • 1/2 cup buckwheat groats
  • 4 servings of your favourite chocolate protein
  • 1 tbsp organic cacao powder
  • 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
  • 1/4 cup chia seeds
  • 1/2 cup wtaer
  • 2 tbsp maca powder (optional- AMAZING health benefits)

Method:
  • Combine dates with dry ingredients in food processor.
  • Next, add in the water and rice malt syrup, and combine.
  • Roll into balls of the desired size, and coat in your favourite toppings.
    • E.g. desiccated coconut, cacao nibs, coconut flour, chia seeds.
  • Cover and place in the fridge for 3+ hours.
  • ENJOY!


  • NOTE: Store in the fridge for optimum taste and consistency.

Post a Comment

© Tash Markham. Design by FCD.